There is a growing trend in the healthcare sector for non-pharmaceutical solutions in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness and disease and for detecting, measuring, restoring, correcting or modifying the structure or function of the body for a health purpose.
We support the medical device industry by providing relevant analytical chemistry services to designers, developers and manufacturers of medical devices to help them meet their obligations under MHRA guidance and regulations.
We have worked with clients on a range of projects including:
- Residual Ethylene Oxide (EtO) residues in Wound Care products and Catheters
- Insulin Stability for Diabetes Insulin Pump
- Plastic implant for Bisphenol-A (BPA)
- Contact Lens materials for Aluminium residues
- Elemental Impurities in Bone Filler Polymer formulations
- Raw Materials used in device manufacture
Explore some of the techniques we commonly use for the testing of medical devices: