Analytical Chemist – Chromatography
Butterworth laboratories is a busy contract analytical laboratory working primarily for the pharmaceutical industry. The company is independent and prides itself in providing a high quality reliable analytical service to its Clients.Read full job description Go to application form
There are currently vacancies to work in the chromatography laboratory. The work involves testing raw materials and finished products to in-house or published methods. Fast turnarounds are often requested which will require a flexible approach from the analyst.
Full training will be provided as necessary.
Work as an analytical chemist using chromatographic techniques to pharmacopoeial or other published method sources in a contract analytical testing laboratory.
To work in compliance with the Company regulations including in-house health and safety, GMP, GLP and UKAS Quality requirements.
To complete analytical work within required timeframes.
Analytical techniques used within the chromatography section include GC, GCMS, HPLC, UPLC, IC, Elemental microanalysis and TOC
The successful candidate should be:
- Highly motivated with an eagerness to learn
- Good practical analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able and willing to work outside normal hours if necessary
- Educated to degree standard in chemistry or related subject
- Experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory using chromatographic techniques either in the workplace or at University
Additional requirements would be advantageous:
- Masters degree with work placement experience
- Work experience in a pharmaceutical QC laboratory
- Experience of Chromeleon data system